– An organization is a group of people working together to achieve a common purpose.
– The purpose of any company is to produce goods and services that satisfy the needs of customers.
Raw materials, Information, Human and Financial Resources
Management, Production and Tech
Profits, Losses, Products and Services
– A system is a collection of interrelated parts that function together to achieve a common goal.
– Management is the process of planning, organizing, leading and controlling the use of organizational resources to achieve goals.
– A manager is the person responsible for the work performance of the other people working under him.
He also plans, organizes, leads, controls and monitors the accurate allocation of organizational resources.
– Performance effectiveness: Measure of goal accomplishment.
– Performance efficiency: Measure of resource cost associated with goal accomplishment.
Levels of management:
Top-Level manager: Takes important decisions.
Middle-Level Managers: Develop and implement action plans.
Supervisors or Lower-Level managers: manage and supervise a small number of people.
Interpersonal roles: How does manager interact with other people.
Informational roles: Involves giving, receiving and analyzing information.
Decisional roles: How does manager use information in decision making.
Technical skills: Ability to use special expertise to perform particular task.
Human skills: Ability to work well in corporation with other employees.
Conceptual skills: Ability to see the relation between parts and solve problems.